Monday, December 17, 2007

Fireside Thoughts

I lit the first fire of the season the other day.Over at the backyard, where the green of banana- leaves remind you of eternal spring and the supple bamboo, of its myriad uses. Years ago I had piled up some bricks for a basic fireplace and this is fuelled by clutter from the garden---dead branches and dry leaves. The backyard has its own magic. On a sunny day you chance upon a lizard with a tinge of red on its back or the black ones, lazing. In the afternoons when it is quiet, the moorhen comes a-foraging. She quickly goes about her business ready for take-off should any sound distract her!Getting back to the fire... stoking the flames reminds me of relationships. Even a crackling fire if left unattended, dies. With New Year just round the corner it's time I called and got in touch with old friends and people whose lives have touched mine, in some way, at some point. A lot of bonfire nights will happen elsewhere but my little fire in the backyard gives me the spiritual connection with my piece of land and certain thoughts to reflect on!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share

I love....

  • Dew on the bamboo, yellow flowers and orange sunsets, the sound of rain...the whistle of the wind, the rush of flowing water, the smell of woodsmoke, the crackle of a wood fire,the moon in all its phases.......


Kanak's shared items

Powered By Blogger