Back in the early 80s, when my nascent green thumb had not yet developed, I heard a song on the radio about home grown tomatoes. At that time I wondered about how someone, or anyone for that matter, could feel so passionately about a common vegetable. Little did I know that years later, I would feel exactly the same, if not more!
Lack of space does not deter me from growing the basics; I tend to utilise every inch of good Mother Earth. For instance the tomatoes are planted every year all along the space below the bedroom veranda. The place is very narrow so the plants are in a long line and in single file. This tomato zone yields enough for the kitchen as well as for extended family and friends. Until the summer rains come, my supply will remain steady.
- ► 2009 (13)
- Speckled pink!
- Very Kylie!
- Pure onionhood
- ... as letting the grass grow W.I.L.D!!!!
- Sometimes "trimmed" doesn't look as good as...
- Yellow hibiscus
- Herb patch in my mother's garden
- Serenity is the word which comes to mind when I lo...
- My mother's garden
- Unfurl, darling bud of March
- Dimasa designs---magic from the loom
- Recipe for No-fuss Cookies
- No-fuss cookies
- Back in the early 80s, when my nascent green thumb...
- Home grown tomatoes....
- Chocolate cake and strawberries. And the cream run...
- Nasturtiums in a wine glass
- Nasturtiums in a terracotta bowl
- What the hail stones did to my nasturtium leaves r...
- Floating candles
- ▼ March (26)