Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back in the early 80s, when my nascent green thumb had not yet developed, I heard a song on the radio about home grown tomatoes. At that time I wondered about how someone, or anyone for that matter, could feel so passionately about a common vegetable. Little did I know that years later, I would feel exactly the same, if not more!
Lack of space does not deter me from growing the basics; I tend to utilise every inch of good Mother Earth. For instance the tomatoes are  planted every year all along the space  below  the bedroom veranda. The place is very narrow so the plants are  in  a long line and  in single file. This tomato zone  yields enough for the kitchen as well as for extended family and friends. Until the summer rains come, my supply will remain steady.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share

I love....

  • Dew on the bamboo, yellow flowers and orange sunsets, the sound of rain...the whistle of the wind, the rush of flowing water, the smell of woodsmoke, the crackle of a wood fire,the moon in all its phases.......


Kanak's shared items

Powered By Blogger