Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mango-bloom-time

Winter's come and gone and although I had earlier complained about the season not being cold enough, I wasn't disappointed. The cold came in taking its own sweet shivery time and out came our woollens and heavy blankets, the heaters, hot water and the rest of the seasonal impedimenta.
On February 15 my sister delivered a baby, her third child and a darling li'l brother to her daughters, Sunaina and Sanjana. I did my bit of hospital duty and that's partly why I was out of blogosphere..............I've always been fascinated by the change of seasons especially when the blooms in the garden remind you that it'll soon get warmer. But before that happens, the wind will blow bringing in more dust and you're most likely to catch a cold! The worst thing about the wind at this time is that so many mango blooms and little mangoes have to bear its brunt and they land where they don't belong--on the ground beneath the tree! It's a heart-rending sight, then. But when the fruit grows and ripens and we gorge on it, the cruelty of the wind is temporarily forgotten!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share

I love....

  • Dew on the bamboo, yellow flowers and orange sunsets, the sound of rain...the whistle of the wind, the rush of flowing water, the smell of woodsmoke, the crackle of a wood fire,the moon in all its phases.......


Kanak's shared items

Powered By Blogger