Played Holi yesterday....five families (the usual suspects)
landed at Vikram and Indrani's for an afternoon of Holi
revelry. Out in the lawn, the collective kids had a ball
playing with all hues and upstairs, we downed our
cocktails in vivid shades of green, blue, and crimson,
respectively, in keeping with the spirit of the occasion!
Vikram spares NO ONE, and has an array of wicked-
looking mixtures for us, his definitely not unsuspecting
friends, on the Holi-est of days! Suspicious because
he does not deign to use ordinary coloured powder!
Although he did promise to behave himself, we still
ended up in varying shades of silver, gold, black and
pink! My face is still speckled pink and I suppose it'll
remain that way for another day or so..
Whatever the occasion, getting together is the best part...
catching up with each other, sharing a meal together
...such a relationship transcends the term 'friendship' .........
and may this last for ever!
- ► 2009 (13)
- Speckled pink!
- Very Kylie!
- Pure onionhood
- ... as letting the grass grow W.I.L.D!!!!
- Sometimes "trimmed" doesn't look as good as...
- Yellow hibiscus
- Herb patch in my mother's garden
- Serenity is the word which comes to mind when I lo...
- My mother's garden
- Unfurl, darling bud of March
- Dimasa designs---magic from the loom
- Recipe for No-fuss Cookies
- No-fuss cookies
- Back in the early 80s, when my nascent green thumb...
- Home grown tomatoes....
- Chocolate cake and strawberries. And the cream run...
- Nasturtiums in a wine glass
- Nasturtiums in a terracotta bowl
- What the hail stones did to my nasturtium leaves r...
- Floating candles
- ▼ March (26)