Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rain, rain





At night the rain came, and how! My  sleep-heavy brain told me
this was not the one we were accustomed to. By the sounds, I felt
every raindrop was way bigger than their cousins from the plains!
I suppose when you go to a place, which for years was known as
the rainiest place on the planet ( Mawsynram took over much
later), and if there's not a drop from the skies, that would be a
disappointment. It wasn't just rain. There were hailstones too!
From the noise I figured they were the size of cannon balls. Well,
maybe almost!
The next morning, the valley was bathed in mist. I could just
make out the outline of a tree shorn of leaves and a few more
trees near it. But within minutes the mist cleared a little and I
clicked the second picture. The skies still threatened to open up
any moment and when we hit the road after breakfast, it was
pelting with rain!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share

I love....

  • Dew on the bamboo, yellow flowers and orange sunsets, the sound of rain...the whistle of the wind, the rush of flowing water, the smell of woodsmoke, the crackle of a wood fire,the moon in all its phases.......


Kanak's shared items

Powered By Blogger